Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Plugging Along

I wrote a grant and it was funded. I bought the headphones with a microphone. This way the kids can record their voices, stories, etc. As soon as they are in, we will have Katie come and teach us how to use them. I wish that these little babies were macbooks when I could do most of this on my own.

We finally made it through keyboarding so now I am going to start having the kids do journals, spelling and stories on them. Wish me luck!

We took a math test from Pearson on the computers and it worked beautifully!!

New problems- I got another new student and her password took a week to get activated. Then Sami had to come in and work on it because when she got on her computer there was nothing showing. Sami had to take this in to be fixed. This is now the third computer taken to be repaired.

I was also finally able to get onto the school folder but none of the activities would run. IT said that when you save them on a mac it changes the format so the netbooks couldn't run it.  This is very frustrating as my computer aide is the one who finds all our games and activities so now I will need to do it with the netbooks. I tried yesterday and failed. I will try to get some help to see what is wrong.

I do love having these computers in my room but I do wish they were macbooks. These take forever to load up and it seems like we are having all kinds of problems.  I can't wait until we get it all figured out. This is definitely a learning curve.

No comments:

Post a Comment