Sunday, January 22, 2012

I am beginning to love them!!!

As reflect back on the journey I have taken with the Netbooks it has been an on-again-off-again, love-hate relationship. Well I can finally say that it is "love" again. I now have faith that when my students need them they are all up and running. My students have gotten very familiar with them and know when to plug them in, how to load their own documents, work on the school folder and how to get to programs they need. It has been an amazing week with them. I have started a new way of doing independent activities and they include using their netbooks. All the students are either typing a story, poem, or listening to books on Tumble Books (my new find). It was beautiful.
In looking forward a couple of things I want to teach them. One is how to use Tux Paint and add a text box to it so they can create a story then add pictures. The other thing I would love for them to do it to make movies. They would LOVE this.
I am excited to see just how far I can take these :)

No comments:

Post a Comment